Back in the Saddle Again!
I present to you… This.
What is this witchcraft? Why, It’s <Unemployed>! And we’re RAIDING! Huzzah hooray oh happy day!
To top it all off I walked away last night jealously clutching and drooling all over my brand spanking, sparkling new Pillar of Ferocity. Even unenchanted it was almost as good as better than my old Wildfury Greatstaff. You can believe my glee when we called the raid then and I proceeded to go and pester my guild leader for an enchantment.
Not just any enchantment, no, not another Major Agility, oh no, not for me. Since 3.02 it’s only the best for this fluffy ball of claws. I got myself a MONGOOSE! Bwaaaaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! That new staff is so freaking GEORGIOUS! And now it’s all shiney and sparkley and all BAM-IM-A-STAFF-IN-YOUR-FACE!
I haven’t really sat down and compared the two… until just this second. Looks like I’ll be taking more hits, but really I think that’ll be ok. I was pushing 48, 49% dodge as it was, and once Wrath comes out I’m planning on swapping some of my +stam gems out for hit and agility to help with leveling. Seriously, I look like Van Gough’s ‘Starry Night’ with the amount of Solid Stars of Elune I’ve got tossed into my armor.
All nice and gliiiiiiitery….. *ahem* oh, I’m sorry, is my girly showing?
If you really dig into the WWS parse you’ll notice that feral DPS is somewhat… lacking. All of the boss fights I was in kitty mode DPSing my little heart out. It took me a bit to really get into the swing of things and I think during the first or second Anetheron attempt I ran off to help with infernals.
A couple of thoughts:
- I’ve noticed, against target dummies, that being in my bear vs my cat gear doesn’t make a whole lot of difference to DPS.
- Rage is a PAIN to get behind. Seriously, when all you see is flailing hems it’s really difficult to tell which way is forward.
- Feral Charge – Cat is excellent. Hang back with the ranged for a couple seconds, wait for the tank to get into place (so the boss doesn’t dance all over) then feral charge and you’re immediately in position.
- With my build (hybrid bear-cat) Ferocious Bite does more DPS than the Dot finishing move (I fail at remembering skill names)
- The zombie event makes me lag. I was lagging a lot during that fight. I probably could’ve pushed my DPS to 800+ if I was running smoothly.
- 800+ doesn’t feel like much when Tokrishi (warrior) is pumping out almost 2K DPS
So, I’m thinking I probably really need to wait until we’re all 80 and I’m dpsing in a full-on cat spec. From what I’ve been seeing from the feral tree everything, everything depends on the spec.
EDIT: Ok, my Guild Leader has been kind enough to point out to me that I can’t hit anything for shit. Yeah, that’ll probably take a bit out of my dps big time. WTB +hit gems STAT!